Local candidates on ballot

AREA - The city elections are coming up.

Candidates for Hardin County city and school board elections are to be held on November 5. And Eldora voters will be asked to weigh in on a proposal to shift in a small degree the amount of local options Sales tax money spent on long term capital improvements vs. the proportion allocated to more day to day costs of running the city. The city has for some time allocated 70 percent of the sales tax to capital improvements, but if the issue before the voters is approved that would become 60 percent. The remaining 40 percent would go to budget items in the operation of parks, cemeteries, pools, libraries, police and fire protection. 

Read the full article in the October 29 edition of the Eldora Herald-Ledger.